2023 Recap

It has been over a year since I have written anything on EasyFifth. But to everyone's surprise I have not been just sitting around and doing nothing in that time. Priorities diverged and writing up my trip reports took a back seat. But here we are, back with a recap of 2023 in mostly picture form!

 

I know this is a bit abnormal as I mostly have posted trip reports here but times are a changing and so is EasyFifth. There will be no maps, no conditions, no trailheads on this one. I know my huge hardcore dedicated fans will be disappointed but I hope (from the bottom of my heart) you will stick around.

This blog has always been my diary masquerading as a trip reports blog. So here is that diary front and center, me telling you what is going on in my life. Enjoy the photos and light commentary of my 2023.


So I went to New Zealand

We saw sheep

And more sheep

And some cows who would not let me walk past

And a Kea that wanted to take my socks 

May I have your sock good sir?

Also saw some nice views

And some even nicer ones

Spent some time in the wet California winter/spring

Somewhere in Marin County

Got some good mountain time in Washington

Snoqualmie Pass

Enjoyed a little snow time

Did some longer ups

Did some longer downs

I spy with my little eye a Mt. Rainier in the background

I also took a cool photo

Road tripped from California to Washington

Spent some quality time with some fire roads

Somewhere near Lake Tahoe

Enjoyed more nice views

Visited Crater Lake NP (forgive the burps)


I went backpacking in North Cascades NP

We brought a lot of gear out for a single night

And proceeded to hike out with it the same day because a bunch of smoke rolled in


Finally Fall and the cold took over

A cute ducky I saw on a run made me feel warm inside just one more final time

The snow came early this year though


And a post Thanksgiving sunset




Hope 2023 was a good for y'all!

-m

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts